Monday, January 7, 2013

Washing Dishes

Washing Dishes 

The dishwasher does not clean well
Stranded food particles crust and smeared compartments of waste
Lay unaltered when I go to remove the immaculate and the unfazed
The machine is builder-basic, a non-option taken with the as-is 

When I purchased my third home as an adult before the age of thirty-three
I want to replace the dishwasher with a better functioning model
Higher-dollar with settings and a mute button, but
I do not plan on staying here either  

My escape scheme is into month ten
I still wipe the bowls with grub left on the rim
Like the chin of a geriatric nursing home denizen or a toddler
I am really not sure at this point  

The rationale is stagnant like a parasite of ordinary choices
Filling the space between the concurrent start and finish line
Round-about, I think of all the places I have washed dishes 

There was the starter-kit shotgun apartment Uptown
Back with the roach explosion 

I recall the one blocked in by the added wood flooring over the clover tile
In the first remodeled home before the baby was born  

There was the one at the in-laws house in the commotion
At least I could do the dishes while they all talked  

I imagine the double super-silent Kenmore Elite models in the big place
When everything else went silent I could finally hear the hum 

The rental house with the seventies flip-model holding on to dear life
The repair man was never called out for the landlord  

Now this one from 2010 and the machine is so fucking loud my ears rumble
I love to cook, but I know the dollars would just go down the drain
As my brain has been out, skipped the door ages ago  

Time has such subtle kidnappings
I think about picking out my own dishwasher again
To be able to read on my Kindle in the same room without the travesties
Of raucous air-play or crystalized roux pasted to gumbo bowls  

Such a victory may not fit every man, but for me I would deem it
Quite a moment for ovation

No comments:

Post a Comment