Monday, July 21, 2014

Converting

Interpreting this stimuli of nonresponse
Foolish Biblical authors
Converting the absence in the absence
Into substance

God
I saw you in my dream as I pushed that lioness
Away from devouring my manhood
Expressed the anger and confidence

To acknowledge you and my worthiness
I am and have been asking you to guide me
I feel like you narrowed the options
However painful

To this face of wisdom and beauty
Now this chasm is making me feel
The indifference of the legion imprinted
Whether warranted

I have nothing else to sense
Doubt swarms in fruit flies in the sink
Squatting in the remnants

I wanted the vision to bring the first back
The words were feckless tattles

I wanted the vision to help find me
Into the pool, the yoga, the dodging
I am as lost as ever

I wanted the vision to focus on the second
Maybe, but I cannot do this all alone
I cannot plan or initiate every step

To do so sets me to the disparate rhythms 
Which led to every predecessor’s departure

Wandering hoping for a sign that leads to water  

No comments:

Post a Comment