Monday, July 21, 2014

All you Need

Exhausted from being love poor
The Beatles were right
I have tried to be kind

Generous, honest, and vulnerable to receive and give
The accounts that matter have been barren
I am nearing the end of commerce

Head, numb, and teetering
Stomach cold, devouring itself perversely plump
Blood thinning and passing out to the alcohol

Toasting a yellow moon
Laughing, thinking about
Biting on some more lumber

Let me go, knock the consciousness
Bat that fucking skull!
Ignite the ant hill to the kerosene soak

Legs afire until bankruptcy settles the debt
Burn the pyre of no-talk days
Wrestling for something human

Knowing all I need
Is an evasive mutuality
Like God I am not sure exists

Faith, hope…
Love you’ve been up, struck out swinging
Staring at blank bleachers since the Good Morning

Where to go, damn stick is heavy
Put it down, let the grass takeover

Choke in the weeds like no one was ever here 

No comments:

Post a Comment