Monday, July 21, 2014

Caulked Layover

I find myself distracted this afternoon
As if my mind is living in evening
Scurrying towards the promise of the morning
With head down for blind-folded morrows

The present is escaping into plumbing mazes
Likes a snake in the pipes wandering
For an onlooker to see the potential poison in jowls
Pounce and decapitate an elongated string

Eventful and Lucy in the sky swirling
View obstructed by the machinery of actions
I should be completing, but feel little calling
New Orleans is out there panting

Like a cat in the heat of Bastille Day
Lugging swollen fur and an obtunded strut
Curling a spine reaching anus to the moon
Ears to the pavement with eyes sealed 

I want to howl and cry like Ray Charles
For someone to tell the truth
Feckless and hungry for a real conversation
With a beautiful figure who balances the fulcrum

The mundane is caulked in the crevices
So even the cockroaches cannot flip upside down and slip through
The fuse is lit in the room and the carbon monoxide is fuming
Silently to cart the whole building away like the pied piper

The notions of directions have pointed me singularly to her
By stripping every other option as if my words asking God to make it clear
Were heard, so in I am attempting to pay attention
In wait for the effort, the energy of a being wanting the balance

The monotony of airport concourses watching arrival and departure digits
Wraps the faces into mummies and triage patients
Metal tubs spilling bodies into vestibules like a wheel barrow rising
Handles balanced on a single wheel

The limbs and torsos tumble akimbo
And the rotating luggage carousel has another passenger and I
Grabbing for the same bag
Hoping each offers permission to smile, hail a cab, and travel  

No comments:

Post a Comment