Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A prayer for tonight

God, please help me stay near you.  I know tonight is full of potential both to inspire me or to show me an absence.  Part of me wants to see a beautiful path of someone with a world to offer and I to her.  Another part of me wants to look back upon where I was and long for the tenderness and languages of what I feel I may have failed to speak and do. 

God, help me to see that even that old language if ever spoken again can only be annunciated by traveling forward.  There is no regression only progression.  So in the path to any formers is through that of the possible, yet the idea of the longing is a cursed totem.  It cannot be held, for what was must be given to you and whatever is to be must be granted fresh roots and tendrils.

God, grant me the serenity to hold you in my sway as I drink in the bountiful joy of my place in this world with my partner.  Whoever she is I want there to be our time in the proper placement with you.  I have you now and know that my readiness is greater than it was.  I am always capable of greater growth and to admit culmination is a fool’s errand. 


God, I wish to simply let be what is beyond my control and to live in the celestial convergence of where my volition ends and hers begins.  I am done with these coffins I have carried.  I am done with these scars like stools I needed to be present.  I cast them to embers.  I breathe not smoke but the clarified oxygen of what it means to know I am worthy of my bones.  This body, this spirit, this mind, and this heart are open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment