Monday, November 11, 2013

Holiday Cheer



I was speaking to a human today discussing common holidays
What he does and decorates the energy and the complaints
Mirror impetus to proclaim I am hurt
I want no part; I buried Christmas as the zombie march after every Thanksgiving Day parade

The nemesis in Cringle barking bearded plutocracy of capitalist religiosity
The wife hung the wreaths around the wrap-around porch and the Titanic transformer-tree
In the foyer with the yule brigade and the sentiment stained
The red, the green, the white, the snow has melted crud and the elf has mugged

My back pockets with the grease of every slave labor lost in between the berried-peace
To sip the nog and slurp the stool I want no part of this menagerie to prance
Upon my roof, no attic adventures, no crease for the mention of the lace in between
The states of past and the morrow all that fills is borrowed from the chests of memories

Left hung in charcoal burglar’s lament of what could have been given, but was spent
Staring into the darkness of approaching moving vans and hurricane Texas flags
Spilled like pirate bones and courtroom overtones. 
I fucking hate you Christmas and everything you stand

From the circumcised dick of Jesus to the angel’s perch
From the choo-choo train track barreling over the necks of the strapped down nut-cracked mice
To the evergreen branches of plants sawed from their roots so humans can watch the cells die
In their homes in celebration of eternal life

I want to eradicate the logic to at least palate ambivalence to the ordeal
But she loved the stockings and the cookies and the milk of virgin birth
The mechanical dog Biscuit for the four year old she bought that I had no say
To let the pet into the house; he was programed until the batteries expired

No comments:

Post a Comment