Monday, November 11, 2013

Descending Into the Softness



Hope that women like you exist is a pale draft bartered with the ale tender
Imbibe the deficit until the valley appears able to be filled with a path of compressed cotton
One dares to push that first foot descending onto the softness
That the vulnerable comfort was both yielding and stalwart to support a faithless man

I dream to pass my fingers through the straddled strands of your hair
Mirror me a bath of empathy impossible to forget
That women are capable of kindness
The sharpened blade need not a flint to spark one’s death in the attractive glint

So I ask in the eyes of morning what was so gentle the night before
Remains unfazed by the dawn’s surrender
That I may have found what we were looking for

I say to you a conscious falling
That serenity is a midnight missed
Thousands of times in decades calling
That you and I were draw to kiss

An exit to a maze, a steed to the water’s hole
A link that screamed in darkness, the edge in a locomotive horn
Traveler moving and the secrets with no place to hide
Read the ledger and straight in the eye, cut loose the horses running beyond empirical pride

Onto uncharted ground, dare a prayer into the losses of a man’s cast lot
I give you surrender in a man treading upon a cloud
Wary of vapor and lightning sting I grab your hand
The engine revs and that long walk begins as we always knew

No comments:

Post a Comment