Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Aroma of Milk-toast

Depression is a choice
I make
The numb hug
Fog glaze dry throat

Rather cocoon then venture
Into another closed heart voice
That echoes the boom of silence
A sentence and gone

Not wanted reasons proprietary
A life wrapped in the throb
Depression is a choice
I make

The undulation on this plywood raft
Smacking oceanic waves
It is only a matter of time
I have always known

Hope is the cruelest bitch
Inserting faces, music, alcoves to remember the good
Depression is like gauze to stuff cotton shrouds
Block the idea of wanting

Get over it; move on;
Well it was all I ever had that crack hit of hope
Never firing into requite upon the ledge of faith
Depression is a choice

To hide the picture of God I kept in my soul
Repressing ego to see a greater picture of chain links
Not about me, love or punishment, but beyond comprehension
Better than believing in belief

Settled the oxygen could expire in the morrow
Never tasting but the hazards
Seeing the world as milk toast again
Licking the danger

Throbbing a zombie recycle rise to hide
The colors gray, black, blue
Depression is a choice
I make

No comments:

Post a Comment