Sunday, August 31, 2014

Prisons Enveloped in Prisons

All the things I wish I felt permission to request, to admit
If you would try to love me back I would try to make it work
Try in the sidelines because I taste a familiar desperation
That coats every droplet of hope

I do not know if my tools of interpretation are distorted by a crimp brain
Or just a broken heart crumpled and blackened into charred tin foil
I saw your small acts of interest and wanted to bellow the fire
I wanted to believe that love could be achievable

Something could come easy or at least be an option for me to choose
Rather than another ghost teasing me in kiss-me go-away, no-silence
I thought there were feelings in there, the can was not empty
I had been valued above an exchangeable plastic nothing

I was a person that shown out to as unique
As all these words I saw in the quiet reader sipping cocktails conversing
Was real, like touching an inner part that transcending the expectation of years
I felt special and possible; I felt like time had purpose

Then I felt like a madman, a crank on a street corner bending nothings
Capability was rising as if the weight of these things I carry diluted
In the exit they hydrated into hippopotamus saddle bags
The songs, the shadowed corner, kissing in the foyer, the tempt

The want of possible haunts me in a cage of identified unwanted
I am dust in the hazy waft flustered into a retirement of nonsense
Pacing up those stairs like a lumberjack of depression
Hulking day after same day seeing a chorus of relative photographs in the hall

Thinking of the identity missing of cousins, uncles, parents, siblings
And nowhere in the mesh is any semblance of a partner
Waiting on trains, stations of benches and hammering rails
Feeling the clock like an albatross, caw, caw, caw

The epilepsy is dancing like plaque in a brain of shake
Prisons enveloped in prisons of mirage paroles taunting exits like sunrays
Sure you get to leave sir, but we will cut you in quadrants and one quarter
Will leave today with her and the rest get to stay, function here okay

Seeing distorted dreams parade like gingerbread houses flooded in milk
Made soggy for the sugar to swirl like crystal gum reds in the streets
Mush brown white icing clogged with cockroach eggs
Watching it all from prisons enveloped in prisons  

No comments:

Post a Comment