Monday, August 18, 2014

A Quarter to No

God my god I saw you dancing
I saw you dancing up on the hill

God my god I saw you dancing
I heard you strumming so I starting listening still

I did not move an inch, wrinkle a palm to tap the vein
I swore the dead were breathing right where I had scorned your name

Taken every molecule of every love I ever gave
Poured it into a well

Boiled it over into a steam bath
Scaled seven times a wrath set to indifference

You goaded me to call out again
I said this is not blindness, but a purpose in the dark

God my god I mouthed your name in front of others
Because I do not want to fall back there again

God my god I am facing that cold mirror stare
I see a naked universe of nothing

This is where you disappeared
I know the look; I know the fear

Please, help me find my way

Speak, before it is too late 

No comments:

Post a Comment