Sunday, August 31, 2014

Taking the Easy Out

I will never settle for a human who treats me
As if I am not worthy of humanity
Of explanation of the kindness of words

There is an inferno level of segregation
From face to face, from telephone, to email or digital typeface
Doing the distance business of truncation

As if what we shared cannot be set out into the open
Throbbing raw and given a warrior’s death
Slay the beast in blood gushing in the street for watchers

No back alley sniper shot
No Ebola cough transfer latent malignancy
No denial of the glory

Give me the arching open of love’s courage
To crack ribs and trade spare parts
Leave that given to a refuse curb

No I want to return the goods in person
Tainted by the spirit of love’s celestial damnation
Of all born to die

I want the raw passionate pain
Of witnessing you witnessing the acts
This is the audacity of love’s barter

Without we are reptiles fornicating in the darkness
Souls alive in the fire of this market

Burning down; the easy hurts more than the out 

No comments:

Post a Comment