Sunday, November 22, 2015

Eso - On Rhythm - 20150409

Sorting photographs on the floor into collages for my walls
Of fathers, brothers, cousins, grandmothers, daughters
Doorbell rings with the crucifix around your neck like a rope to the overboard
Deluge of undulating flotsam bobbing ancient waters

Former girlfriend asks, “Can I use your shower?”
Interrogative of the only woman with a key to home
Flag ascends the pole
Pull in pull away the crease in my jeans, codes and locks

Eye shadow like an elixir of cardio pulmonary resuscitation
Electrifying foyers into recollections of cattle brands
Baby done set metal in the kiln with me, found the tone and hit the rhythm
Magnetized in the shrapnel and endorphins of what links a man to his pulse

Ba Bum, Ba Bum, Ba Bum, Ba Bum, quickening

Mesmerized to cannibalize a lifetime into kernels of fear
About creationism, evolution, layers only excavated during summer
Come arctic winter the desolation swath of white eviscerates
The room for the missing links to find breathing as the tide sways in the pattern of moons

Linked with the galaxy
Ba Bum, Ba Bum, Ba Boom, Ba Boom, and the Earth stares at the moon like a goddess 

Seas freeze over as the seal mermaid-dogs of yesterdays
Find no time to pretend in the vacuums of silence
About progeny, god, and literature
Posting quotes in priority your body is here in my home like the end of an ice age

The rhythm of sunrays melting glaciers to make the god damn planet flood
A former lover navigating logistics across the city of New Orleans
Views Lake Pontchartrain like an impassable moat and her only solution
Is to quench her naked skin in the stall I can never scrub clean

I am drawn to you and see the cocaine sun rise and set in your lungs
Like carcinogens bringing cancer in what we each believe eternity parades
To coats of melanin, sexual genetic imprints, and books about shepherds
How long can I live in an allegory before this body explodes?

Where vulnerability parades like that wave passing over gaps in the ice
Swallowing the drown of knowing not
How to be Tiktaalik and walk up from the riverbed
But to know when I lie in the stillness of night the universe has a pattern

Reciprocal forces in a balance of building slow to slow, warming your loins like an oven
The greenhouse effect next to your body
I am drawn in blood to hold, to be held
To offer this body, to whisper as you wish
And forget the origin of the species 

You know where the towels are
Yet invite me into the room to steam and it’s over in a typhoon

Time, the conundrums, the links all of it is vaporized
As you ask me to turn as you enter past the curtain like I dare
And within seconds my shoes are flung to the run
I am standing shirtless with your hands on my belt buckle
Shoving my soaked jeans to the flood beneath our feet

Your mouth on my cock and my hands through your hair
Swallowing me like Ahab into the depths
I grip your ass cheeks lifting your torso to wrap me on wet footing
I press you against the tile and I take you

Ba Bum, Ba Bum, Ba Bum, Ba Bum, quickening
Ba Bum, Ba Bum, Ba Boom, Ba Boom, exploding
In the wavelengths of a supernova I find my rhythm

Drowning everything
Like God, the bang
Decided to start this damn universe

All over again

No comments:

Post a Comment