Monday, May 26, 2014

Write where I want to Be 2014

You make me write where I want to be
As if the notion to pray was still in me
To see the passage of god like fingertips
Dabbling through the nuance of coincidence

For the gamblers who empower purpose past the blades of volition
Slashing from veteran tongues and novice breaths
Daring for a chocolate cone on Venice Beach as the horizon
Slurps the impossible orange cattle cade egg drop soup

Into oblivion’s haughty gurgle
You make me aspire that chocolate was palatable
To make life sweetly nuzzle past a prayer-view porch
Climb Abram’s bridge and read in the undulation

I kiss you and see this life un-dragged, questions muddled
Into the eyes of children knowing a mother loving a father
Requited into a man on a hill proud and tethered to love
From a junkyard crowned with a nation of pauper’s decadence


Singing to sleep, “It’s all right.  It’s all right.  Baby It’s all right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment