Monday, May 26, 2014

Getting into the Cab

It is you and me together.
Family
If you let go I will die.

If you understand we will dance
If not let me starve here fending bone for blood
I can partition no marrow

There is a living body or a corpse
And your body will end me to either horizon
Horizontal or vertical

The babies need a father and I intend to be the man,
Neither of us can waver as the shaft may bend
The wheat remains rooted

The weeds we will stamp
Fuck them.  I pick you.   Let’s go!

I am not able to endure another loss
So I will play as if termination is not an option
I know I will perish on the spot

If I am ever privy to the end,
I will drink, inject, vomit, sleep, crash!

The ugliness will have no mirror
Only ashen cremated laughter

So parry the blow, jungle love to shake the coconuts
Pebbles for the banker and wood to warm the chimney

If we could leave Jesus at the cab stand and just see God
I would be in heaven instead of cock blocked.

Most marriages have men before the man
Women before the woman

Ghosts in the machine campaigning for fear over love 
Let’s not pay attention and see if we can get these skeletons upstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment