Monday, May 26, 2014

Skydive 12,903

Oh graceful beauty
Your supple visage inks horror and love
Spring and winter into Saturday nights and Sunday mornings
You threaten my isolation; I am an animal rabid

Caged in want of oblivion; an addict for the numb
An elephant does not pull his foot to lift the stake
Stop making me think outside my head
Whip, spike, big top, rented compassion

The memories of high flyers and lion tamers
Cotton candy always tasted putrid as chocolate
The texture was for the audience listening to Barnum preach
Drop me in the diving tank; depart

Do not watch for the recycling bubbles
The stale air is the choice between love and fear made

The oblivion is a gumbo
Of insomnia, painting walls, online gaming, folding clothes,
Pantomiming as a parent, the microwaved taste of cook once, eat for a week
Feeling any communication as infringement on the hunger for nothingness

Your softness draws me into the exhaustion of field toil
Be a husband, be a father, provide, and I feel eaten
By the pride of wanting the night sky to cascade the meaninglessness
Participation is granted priority

Decline; I am exhausted
I have done husband, father, friend, human
What is there to say, do?
Heartbeat a flicker like a twinkle from a dead star an exponential distance

Trillions of years to make an illusion in my iris
We are but death wriggling; the proverbial decapitated chicken
Squawking incessant
Manufacturing illusions to fill time slots

I am irrevocably broken; a motor-cross salvo not spanning the canyon
Descent into the haughty laughter of knowing what brains do confronted with rocks
Let to be alone on the sky dive parachute-less and contemplative 
In between open air and most certain hardness 

No comments:

Post a Comment