Monday, May 26, 2014

Alchemy and Chemistry

Having others do for me feels like chemicals
Each insinuation is barter soaking in the indoctrination of alchemy
The ancestor of mathematical acumen costumed in the mystique
That a human requires a poltergeist therapist-phantasm to navigate

Acquiring stores and processing grain and mead,
Or cleanly stoves, and wash basins 
The marketplace suggesting the up-size, the bait
The switch to the torso in that God is embodied into spouse

The idea of husband or wife creating dependence
Reliance in the rope and the pulley for the simple machine of empathy
That one sailing can hoist the sheet to the mast to write one’s story
Projected like a movie screen in bolt typeface to assert identity

That I am man embodied in individual
Accredited to steer by volition that I need not these whispering heavens
But I am courageous enough to accept the love of woman
And her loveliness is not the allotment of deity

But of the chance amalgamation of star dust coalescing in genetic ballet
To surge choice into continuing the dance that I am worthy partner
In these jostling midnights, I am the pheromone of coming home
I am the water for the horse at journey’s end

Yet we are blocked by the idea of this ghost
Cackling in societal construction, waiting to be kidnapped in sad-sack night
With Rah, Zeus, and post-pubescent Santa Claus
That she asserts you under the ticker symbol of Jesus

And all I see is the universe
In her eyes gazing back at me in shackles of a crumpled novel
Masquerading as sacrosanct tome full of wrath and compassion, thorns and ascension
Enough

I have tried so very dearly to love you and love I do
But no matter how close upon this mattress I press to your skin
There is still this dead-man between us watching in the corner
I feel his gaze in your vulva, permissions in your kiss

This heart beats in the wake of my catamaran staring at the stars attempting chemistry
Beakers and goggles inside a hurricane mixing fluids
We both want to shake sense into the other
Knowing the intimacy we seek would destroy our beloved

Knowing we must set course for divergent islands once more 

No comments:

Post a Comment