Saturday, July 20, 2013

What Happened



It is pretty simple really
Your mother broke the most meaningful dream I ever hoped
To be, a husband and father of children raising them in loving shared time
With these precious years of my life

Dedicated watching such a garden peek for the sun
From up close after school days and outings, vacations and
Slumbers, breathing in each as a blessing in minutes

Your mother burned that to the ground for me
Whether by adultery, volition, ambivalence, anger or her self-hatred
I can never have that space-time back
The position is gone, references dislodged

This was the moment in translation that I realized
I was no longer privy to common dreams
Under the cushion of basic genetic endorphin release
To see one’s progeny carrying on into chronicles

As if that were indulgently part me; so in this brushfire
I have had to relinquish my applicability as who I thought I would have the ease to be
For you, for me, for your mother; all of it is inapplicable
In the grand singe of soil 

I have insulated my being into a turtle shell cavern-like contemplative reptilian
Thinking of the existential as any part personal pierces this veil of a memory
Of what I have had to convince myself I do not hunger
To want a family is to place my tongue on the ash white feces of a dead man

Licking the rancid wound of a corpse decayed and rotten out
Past a snowstorm who caught flame as an effigy of a husband to a wife’s pride
Of how my love could turn what it never was in reciprocation into a counterbalance
Funded by a spread of accused ineptitude including a mistreatment of you

The crux of the wound set me into drink the sterile syrup of death
Others have died so that you may live beyond the pernicious infection
For if left to spread to vengeance or defiance I swallow our apocalypse
In folds of regret I burrow and burrow like a fixated owl 

Religion is lost and god became the time I have commissioned to forgetfulness
What was never was like love itself once seen swimming in circles in this ocean
Appeared to drift away, when all I did was recognize the absence of a mirage

No comments:

Post a Comment