Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This year for the Holidays

This year for the Holidays 

November a few days before Thanksgiving
The Black Friday advertisements I am unable to dodge
Prompt a wretch in my throat I have to ease back to my gullet
The esophagus is well trained  

Door-busters, caricatures of humans dancing
With scarfs, coats, toys, pink-castles, whale corsets, and credit card debt to be
The whole spew is nothing but nausea, more vomit,
Bukowski worthy vats full! 

I am finally able to end Christmas this year
Thank God
Christmas ceased being Christmas in America some decade ago
I think the day Black Friday started Good Friday ended 

So if anyone I know gives me a Christmas gift,
I will vomit.  I don’t want to be sicker; so please desist!  

I am caught thinking about Generation X again
What to do instead and so I may suggest
If you must participate in this financial rodeo
Pay down a Generation X’ers or a Millennial’s college debt 

Some portion, some contribution bludgeon them to give you their debt holder’s account number of their economic freedom and donate the dollar value instead of whatever piece of crap you think they needed to pay off their slaveholder’s calling card.  

Or better yet in true generosity celebrate in the Rolling Jubilee

Buy some random stranger’s distressed debt for pennies on the dollar
And agree to forgive the debt; true charity to the generation under the ledger

No comments:

Post a Comment