Friday, November 2, 2012

Empathy over an Oil Drum

Empathy over an Oil Drum 

In an oil drum turned jerk chicken barbeque meat
Dispense the muscle, commence the hustle
On with the rumble in the stumbles, for a leg up from the moor  

Oh, look out there the hurricane is coming to shore!
Jamaican pride death tolls minority count the lives
Not like New Yorkers two babies caught the subway for a dime
Smash the babies in the tide, no electricity for a week  

Tell me New Orleans heard your screams,
Empathy is such a gray bearded beast
Maybe now we can see the tonic salesmen for what he tries to sell
Blame in a bottle for why the world has all gone to hell  

Peddlers and smugglers I call outside the bubble
Living Olive Garden lives, pull up to the drive through and activate demise
Order for the value, all a man can eat, taking in the take-out
Cram the Styrofoam, my wife and I will eat this and have enough to moan  

My stomach is overdone, need the Pepcid AC again,
Heart is burning the news is on Amen
Oh look honey look at that, sale is on at Macy’s and we need a new litter for the cat
She likes the scent of that new one I am sure,
First world contemplations of the current flavor of poor  

Adulterating problems to gather by candle light with the neighbors share the right
To complain, to see the gas lines and the pews filling up with frustrated souls
I remember the timeframe of Katrina and the reversing rolls
Empathy is a tricky bastard sitting right aside, bust you in the head as soon as one thinks
Could have been me

No comments:

Post a Comment