Monday, November 26, 2012

Hunger Parlor Trick

Hunger Parlor Trick 

I am starving for humanity
My tongue is passing as if outside my body and back into my chest
Like an oil dipstick measuring the hue of corrosion seeping into the flow
My head is static, sterile and compact externally immutable, yet 

Conducting this measurement at this moment
The lungs are warm, alert, fuzzy and on guard to the glob
Baffled below the left’s respiration indentation
The proverbial tank of feeling is parched  

Vision blurred and fingers stoic at the tap of the keyboard
Hirsute upper hands like gorilla mitts wanting to go hammer outside
Than face the specter of a contemplated emotion animated
Dancing about me as a coroner might do with successive application of higher learning  

The announcements, the degree of certainty
Of an engineer compared to that of a musician
Science and art at battle for a panoply of the empirical and faith mashed together
Like a squirrel on a highway flashing through tires with the driver wondering  

Did I make contact?  I did not notice a sound or did I?
Keep in motion in either iteration of outcome
The whelp of ache it permeates the skin beneath this sweater and winter
Is crawling its way into my workday again  

The bed, the silence, the sheets of meals wrapping from plate to plate
The repetition it reverberates like a drip of water from an unstoppable sink
The flow prevails the absence of sound to make clamor in a fortress of silent ruin
I can hear through the nothing, the way a man listens to his stomach growl  

The chemicals of who he is speak in the consumption of his self
No one else can detect one’s own orchestra with the same dexterity of ear
Crimp of a cheek, jaundice hue, brittle hair and chemotherapy spew
Booming out as rationalizations for why or how, 

But none of this sickness is a natural cancer this is a human endowed
With the werewolf, the lycanthropic starvation for a species apart
Of wolf and man, howling in the darkness of satellite television sunshine
The moon buffet of beings and all this time is emaciating

No comments:

Post a Comment