Friday, July 6, 2012

Roadside Asphyxiation

Asphyxiated body of a marriage, breathless as a ring in a soap dish
Stranded on a countertop for a voyager on a highway
To an interstate of a life with a thump below the treads
Of the followed footsteps of a gray rover that pulled over
With red finger tips in the grip of my lungs leaving me pumping and out

She runs, hitching a ride for her time in a u-turn direction
Story teller of an escape for a better-place from a Grendel face
Of a man struggling to breathe staring at the random roadside forest
A sun and no keys to get the movements back in his shaken knees

He hears whispers from the trees on a wind of her words
Wasping back like counter attacks for a war he is not ready for
And suddenly there is an axis against him of her family trying to pretend
You broke some vow and here and now is how

I must stand, dust off my ventricles and soak in red the air to get the
Blood back to my head, out the ditch and foot the path that I must tread

No comments:

Post a Comment