Friday, July 6, 2012

Pebbles in your pocket

Pray upon my words like breadcrumbs
That you were out there scavenging for sentiments unfolded
On hinges like a doorway properly oiled with an elixir of movement
Not contingent upon a stranger’s arrival but free

To welcome or to exit or to bolt again on whim
The lessons of yesterdays like pebbles in a pocket
Shiny, blunt or scabbed with rusty crusts of stone
Tendrils of differences wrapped like blankets of memory

Slow and polished with inexact chemistry
Potions and motions explaining purpose in movement
Unfurled like a daily desktop calendar with inked notations
Denoted expected actions and meetings

That may or may not have ever come to fruition
But there was hope, acceptance, and growth spread upon the pages
In candor and in time based in a life expounded in flesh and blood

I wish that my smile or scent had merged in a second gripped
Like magnetized inertia to capture the momentum of sane placement
Of kindness to split the silence between my knowledge of

The pebbles in your pocket like fresh marble wrappers unsheathed
In juxtaposed inquiry like napkins dried unfolded and used
To trade secrets and wipe away the fog of normal passers by

I will give you my name, my second grade year running out to recess,
My eight year old bike ride and eleventh grade prom night,
My studies and professions of lost faith and newfound solace in inner strength
With circles of glass and carnival dances unmasked
Knowing you are ready to listen with life’s discriminating balance

No comments:

Post a Comment