Friday, July 6, 2012

Church Sight

I imagined your voice responding, your face concentrated on my lips
To ask you if you would like to reduce the width between your knowledge of me
From two pews to one, to know me in growth rather than casual sight

I had put off verbalizing anything into air, because of this hazy unknown
Sequestering my everything and then I had to look at your left hand and even
Though you sat alone, there it was like a lighthouse to shield my hull
From the inevitable jarring, a rock on a harbor I can not find port

And so I will export my thoughts to exclude the waves of your body
From my siren stitched into the fabric that I will set my sail
To go back out there and try to find that white whale, whispering on the bottom

In bubbles pelting the surface like letters strung on a hymn to a song
I fear I am growing deaf to the depths necessary to sing along
A row boat on a tidal surge undulating like bungee jumps
With worn elasticity and questionable concern over the consequences

No comments:

Post a Comment