Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pressed Tin

Some days the idea of you is a character I want you to murder with reality
But I know I have to do it;

I want to convince myself my error is unrecoverable with the solidity
Of faith in myself that love was as boring, arbitrary
Like in one shift slash of the blade all romance in me could bleed out

I could see the fantasy of hope shrivel in parched relinquishment
All the lines you told me you could never cross
Who and what you are, the selfishness, the cruelty I could believe you
I could divest my being of your taste marauding my spiritual compass

Pointing at you like a cradle of which I came
As if Gaea came and made you from spit and mud slicked you into silken awe
Of willow trees and lotus flowers floating into my consciousness
I want the ambrosia to be a snuffed scent I can no longer recollect

A body rolled under railroad wheels pressed like tin
Empty from this organic prison for a time of methodical metallic logic
That a man needs not; impervious like an armored arachnid tinkering steps
Not with heart, but with oiled engine ticking iron

Flex the stinger, ready the thrust of memories eradication
This battle with the universe to show a man the belly of a star
Bursting before his eyes and then demand him to un-see it
Rake the unction of hope back into the shadows

Take away the dynamic he has waited such decades and make him think he is a fool
Crawl him into the eons of silence and send him whirled back into the maze
As if his life will never be united, so close and the proximity, the gravity just amplifies the pain
That he hoped so, that he wanted so

Teetering there with his mouth on her nipples suckling like a boy
Pressing his genitals like a maddened pantheist seeing the universe pulse in the darkness
Possibility echoes and all he wanted was for her to say she heard it too
Like he was not drenched in the insanity he cannot escape

Drowning in metal bricked zinc from the sky pounding in copper rain drop sheets
Flattened in the garden of the inanimate seeing time wiz
Thinking he had nothing left to lose and plummeting the reasons in the fire

She set with him watching her behind her walls seeing him melt away 

No comments:

Post a Comment