Friday, August 28, 2015

Reader and the Pages

Words spoken in bar rooms or mixed in passing conversation
Blur the path from clearing to be seen, to be heard
I imagine like we all do

So many pages, uncertain which ones are pertinent
Burn or archive, scroll or tome, passing note or nothing
I hope someone will read the introduction and want the chapters
To keep fingers to dog-ear favorite passages

Underline and footnote, scribble in the margins and laugh out loud
Cry until tear drops smear ink and fire anger 
When someone grows to love another the allowance to stomp over the line 
Trades outrage in sublimation of ego 

That is a love I cannot recall, maybe once, but that place is so retracted by that giver
Cave-in and crumbled into an impossible memory
I need someone to take the time to read me
So I keep writing, hoping for a candle light in this wooden attic

The next hurricane, the gunshots, the cancers
Endurance and I want to be able to depend on another soul
This weight of isolation wondering where I am supposed to reside
The clouded footsteps marking the screams and deepened breaths

I am not certain what a man is entitled, my guess is nothing
No matter the occurrences prior; in comparison to the potential of what could be
There is always a darker darkness, an emptier emptiness
Complaint, commentary are feckless fish wrangling

So it is in this moment I attempt openness and request for a nourishing love
To be read for all that I am like a resonating star of all the energy that is in me
Prepared to be given in the condensed elements of my past as I grow denser in time’s illusion
I offer pages and once I thought I found a reader and the dearness feels like damnation

Knowing what that hope felt like attempting to release, never to control
But there is beauty in the release of wanting, so I attempt

As best this human can do for now, unread 

No comments:

Post a Comment