Friday, August 28, 2015

A Day Of Forget

The hum of morning going to bed at two wake at six
The way I would do so often on my own trying to prove
I could keep the owl’s hours like a shadow dance step
Mirrored in a theoretical lift, wings held in limited recuperation

To take the load, to drink the Scotch straight
Face the mermaid and gauge another pair of legs
Pacing away hair in a braid
Eyes in an orchestra echoing

I signed the papers on buying my fifth house yesterday
Eleventh move coming up since 2000
Time’s undulation laughing in hope’s smithereens crescendo
Plucking a transformer perfect day skyline

Jazz Fest lightning scooping glob drops
Spring hurricane Monday testing the flood
Mortgage acquired and a fresh blacksmith set of keys
Dead bolt and beige walls to paint New Orleans shotgun hues

Exiting the office just to walk a letter to the postbox down the street
To be in the cooled sun breeze cloudless azure kiss for a glimpse
If only a flash of the tidal waters subsiding breathing that dare bit of air
A man inhales in full flowing the universe rapturously in love with being alive

Eternal like ignorance obliterated in the peacefulness of being in a moment
Sent a facsimile to the sewerage and water board twice forgot the act of sale the first
Rounded the accounting and worked on an old letter to let go knowing how to end it
Pressing that skyline to the inside of my eyelids

Viktor Frankyl could always see the heavens glistening there in the quiet infinite
Paced out without my water bottle from work, car moving
To set the first batch of boxes in the new home, Odysseus smiling Calhoun howls
Switching potholes for roadblocks Ferret and Jefferson looping

Torn and undressing into my brother’s band in a T-shirt for the mat
Yoga and stretching out to the straight leg pointed and pressed
Resting in straight arms offered to the Earth for the universe to hear
My body riding the horse candid in flow

To come out and say things rather than wonder the waters to hear Penelope
Behind a decade of forget wrapped no longer remembering her face
Wandering another quest and the universe always answers
I exit the galactic studio and see a guy I just met Monday night
Staring me in the face, him just woken as I put on my shoes
Us speaking of a traveling slam poet rebel atheist
Distracted I forget my yoga mat
Half down the street to my car I reverse, return

Walk in taking water from my previous lapse in canteen diligence
I see a question in the corner like a glass on a beachhead for a sailor
Glistening in the sand for Odysseus to investigate
So it is the confluence of the universe tickles

To hang a paper cup to a wooden table staring up at blue sky blue
Lou Reed in the aum
Discussing the big picture of it all, joking about having it figured out
The timelessness, the ability to accept help

The introverted penchants and the daring to leap off that ledge
As if the setting sun into that blue can net a body if one spreads skyward
Gravity reversed and laughing that happiness could be right there
Behind twisting corners of John Prine’s old broken bottle looks just like a diamond ring

In the sand barefoot and smiling into the mermaid snares of rules
I have known so well thinking of what she said to me in my kitchen
By the refrigerator, the time on the sidewalk, the pivot of the Allways Lounge
And the universe just has that way of clipping chances into confetti

Irony like a respectful whisper of closing dresser drawers full of pictures
Of who knows how to get through the rain in the big woods
Forgetting the way in and the way out
As if you’ve lived this voyage a thousand lifetimes before

Couldn’t get Dylan tickets Mr. Tambourine man, churning salt
Knowing even when you make it home it still feels like you are at sea  



No comments:

Post a Comment