Friday, October 10, 2014

The Morrow’s Crop

  
My God, my God
I hear you speaking to me through the universe at every turn
I pray upon the day of the eclipse that this be my autumn
Thunder Road take me home!

I pray this not wishful interpretation of the music of the air
The gliding revisionist peace of what things could be
Praying upon the wind like hollow reeds
I see such fire in the twilight beckoning me to dance

How I hope she has felt such a stir
Such a fire lit that she cannot help but announce
That which was her shackle is now freed and it be not
Her disinclination but repression removed

I pray upon the dawning blood of timeless shadow 
My god, my God
Please be with me as I flow in my meditative journey
That she is the love I have long been blind

To feel one not cooed in my written lawyering,
But released by that which always had the skeleton key
Grief like a labor quelled to abide in that which the power of two

Diminishes to rubble mesh for a garden of the morrow’s crop 

No comments:

Post a Comment