Friday, October 10, 2014

Digging a Hole


God please give me the strength to breathe the deep breath
This path can get so mixed up as things can feel so right
In one moment as if this is what you are showing me where I need to be
With all my efforts to invest in the moment

Then it crashes that left turn into the tree
Peeling glass out my forehead and spitting teeth
Hurts
Maybe that is what has to be to learn hard lessons, grow

Hey Woody Guthrie I know that you know
All the things that I’ve seen
Sometimes I panic and I just have to know
I write myself into a hole that never need been

If I could accept that I am not in control
I do not decide the fate of the world or have to parent the minds of others
There is external control in the concept of explaining through the written word
It becomes pedantic and insecure; it shows

The Wood Guthrie’s of the world know
They spot the weakness in it and keep quiet and watch
The hole-digger digs a hole without a ladder
Just a shovel to nothing, but naked truth

Calling out a sky; why, oh why God?
As if the dirt were not all over his hands
When it was not done to or about the digger
It was about the volition of others is autonomous

And must be respected for however cruel, odd, or undesired

It is their truth and to refute or negotiate is but to set spade to an Earthly prison 

No comments:

Post a Comment