Friday, October 10, 2014

A Prayer for Moonlight


I need you to be with me right now God
I need you to hold me as close as you can
I feel hell breathing on my cheeks
Wanting me to see the finiteness of the light

I want to close my eyes and rest in the darkness
See possibility
All this drained hope that was keeping me breathing
Has drifted out the room

I try to keep for my self undulating is this parlay
That I will ever taste a reciprocated love with a soul
Deep as I can dream
Wanting to see this moment like the darkness before dawn

With her out there in the ethereal plateau
Dwelling and contemplating my words that could possibly resonate as truth
As if I could have a hand to step into the light with
Live defined for however long in the luxury of mutual choice

My heart is about to all but concede its trials to exhaustion
I know not what you expect of me Lord, but I fear falling back into the atheist’s pit
Gnawing at my skin for your love like juice in a long dried rind
I pray into her being like a temple of love itself

Knowing what I saw, feeling how the others have carried me to her waters
Sailing, sailing, sailing, feeling her harbor as home like a wish fulfilled
And she gusts, oh my she gusts in the turn of a week of death’s grief
And me I stutter in my sailed hull tormented in a tempest of doubt

Of what was real or the song of sirens haunting my dreams in flowers of taunt
Is she a mermaid lord; are we to swim these waters like felicitous liquid angels?
I dream it so; I dream it so; for in her stillness I saw the universe beat
And how I wish to have a chance for constancy

The magnetism in my compass to know that the culmination of grief is that of liberated joy
To fold into raven locks like a nest of kind solace appreciating
The lengths of empathy I bare could be like your spirit flowing through me to her
I pray you make me your conduit Lord; I submit to your will for this endeavor true

I am aching and if to be but set further adrift I pulse into but dust of a broken pirate frigate
I know not home; I know only I can no longer look at the sun or moon
For now I will only see her haunting me like the ghosts of all the men she has sent away
I was but a feather plucked drifting, hoping, praying for love  

No comments:

Post a Comment