Sunday, September 6, 2015

20150904 The Liability is Void

I do not owe you anything
No measure of my love or affection should be predicated on debt
For if so the fissure will only be a disservice to both of us

I am whole
I am beautiful and know that the foundation of me is not defined by my mistakes
Or the pain I have endured or caused, but by the autonomy of my divine celebration

I am a gleaming intrepid beacon bellowing New Orleans
Every day from here on forward I will not sink into that pit
That lonely trauma is a bola wrapping my ankle like a devil’s tongue lasso anchor

I am magnanimous bombastic survivor emitting the luminescence of the now
Defined not by the tenacity to perpetuate, but the tenacity to be
To embrace this moment with possibility like a smiling gaze soaking the audacity to exist

I exist platypus-like swimming, breathing, and laying where it is home
In the nest of choice breathing, being in the breath

Loving as I so choose 

No comments:

Post a Comment