Saturday, May 25, 2013

In the Office on Memorial Day part 4: Balancing Act



 Balance Act, part 4
Dreaming that the two sides of the seesaw may balance
By the end of Memorial Day or some hour beyond I am at peace in the not-knowing
Family and philosophical understanding, the knowing and the loving
The love of all and the intricate love an individual can be the grand equilibrium.

I know I am closer in this grinding labor, because it is not labor
It is self-sufficiency rounding the cogs to churn the seconds and minutes to shake out on the other end for when I do have time, when I do have a home and so there are places in life where one cannot move the wheels of the cart; one must close his eyes and breathe,

To find the respiration in the darkness of shuddered eyelids, the pulsing of the blood around the cornea to the retina and the universe appears, not in the glow or the charcoal midnight blur, but in the breath itself, the atoms of the oxygen and carbon being part of the collective energy that will one hour be matter and matter that will one day be energy.

I am breathing and therefore the current iteration of me has the ability to think; complex, to think simple, to think about doing, to think empathetically, to think about the loves of collective wandering to be loved again and again in that these volumes do not diminish, but increase with repetition, so that I cannot see my lovers therefore I close my eyes and love the universe. 

I love while typing, while moving digits, while parking my vehicle, my legs, while sleeping, while reading, while harvesting, while preparing, while dining, while listening, while seasoning, while wandering, while hoping… Oh to love so bravely, yes I will love with my eyes closed even at work on Memorial Day, because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment