Saturday, April 16, 2016

Approaching Forty, a Love Letter : Esoerotica

I undulate in hypothetical assertion on if we have met, passed, or spoken.  Although possible whether I wish this instigation to be present in tangible reality I am bewitched on what side of the seesaw of hope the impetus would fall: hopeful or less.  This being the nature of the mind preoccupied with what is beyond control bearing meaning on this present moment, where I am most assured I am clueless as to your whereabouts, aroma, or eccentric peculiarities and why when we do ignite this brushfire it will blaze triumphant in that undaunted form of presence.  

Mercurial laughter a gas of intoxicating waft as once I begin to smile at you there is that notion of how can you help yourself but reciprocate into a widening, an opening to what is offered as if natural and rambunctiously combustible into laughter, wanton debaucheries of wildfire laughter seeping into complexion and sexual frivolity tickling the dermis to percolate as this is the moment.  This is lightning like liquid sky plasma arcing into the spirituality of dragon heartstring wands making magic in the way one human peers into the eyes of another.  This is saying I and you know there is no one, no perfect, no only, but we might be able to treat each other as if that were true, priority not in some worship of sexual monogamy equals success preached by the ego, but love is free choice made in so many complex tendrils and divots and not the truncation of carnal desire encapsulated in a single physical body.  We can fuck in fervent abandon and entwine stories until dawn sewing cloth for winters and dancing nude in springs.  There is a staying warm and being free, security and liberation in duality, this is the grand parade.

There is the mother of woven blanket hopes in the paradigms of fate, karma, faith, and the nurturing fertilizers of kindness, dreaming, and planted seeds that a moment of burgeoning like this could ever be.  There is the father of my rigid metal armor that stoically metastasizes my bronchiole cells into cancerous heaviness to lift the bagpipes of body to breathe the audacity to hope for such planetary alignments.  There is the child in me toying that seesaw inside the lightness and the heaviness for which man to be and I pray your eyes find the feathered truth and taste my body naked. 

I recollect a quartet of women who taught me how to be a lover, the others like nibbling minnows, but these women were the tarpon and swordfish, the majestic surface bursting bullheaded beauties capable of making this body rethink where he wanted to go, who he wanted to be, formational type of scale issues where after I was a molted sun-organism evolving out of the water, processing how to breath the staggering notion of air welled inside another’s lungs.  Falling brilliantly and yet, here writing this love letter to you like the Old Man and the Sea, Ahab and Thoreau in his garden seeing this natural eruption fracture the lines of what I expect to become, not knowing if I will be destroyed, saved, or enraptured, I am trying to picture your face as I have a thousand times before in gray percolated midnights.

I speak to you over the lid of my pillow in the sterile darkness holding courtship in conversation under the guise that one day we may pass out from behind the veil into identities; that you had to complete some lily-pad tie-toe, mud-slop stomp, fire-pit dash as I have to be in a specific moment of encounter.  That no matter how the mirror fissures into the warmest refracted colors that this sail cloth inside me is filled by that notion that brought Odysseus home.  Maybe it is to madness or crestfallen umbrage in the way the die will be cast, but there is unction in those twilight conversations echoing that maybe there will be time.  Maybe there will be time for you and me.  Not for perfection, but for being, simply being.    

This battery of barracudas cannot peck all my flesh.  Hair is a nest of gray.  Sex is tantric and shared, but I know none of it has been you.  I am not sure if I have ever felt reciprocated love.  I think I am getting closer to forty years old, which if I am blessed may be half. 

One of my greatest inspirations to learn how to write was a teacher who gave me a 1992 USA hockey team puck as a Senior Awards Breakfast trophy for my contributions to our creative writing class.  I keep it on my desk.  He taught me about Kenneth Patchen and Alan Ginsberg.  He was divorced and the brutality of it puffed out in his cigarettes while on yard duty.  He remarried in his fifties, was in love and I went to see him play Dylan songs at the Neutral Ground on Danneel Street.  She got a brain aneurysm, died on him like a shark swallowing her end of the row boat.  He had a few years and was back to that nothing.  I remember going over to his house in my college years, the lights low and he offered apple pie out the fridge.  It was cold and firm and I had high school-nothing to say to the man.  He died of cancer a month after my wife walked out on our family.  I was thirty, his funeral and I could not face being dumbstruck again. 

Love can be a god damn son of a bitch.  Everybody has their briars and ponds with ice too thin to skate, but we try.  We slide the puck and we fall and like some kind of American god maybe there is a dark secret at the bottom of that lake we just can’t face, but maybe when I talk to you when I peer into those waters, maybe I can see love, to feel on par, to have my person to swim with, to crack my fist against that ice, tread out that water, inhale that great big blasphemous breath, look you in eyes, and finally know what to say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment