Friday, October 2, 2015

Conversation with the Captain 9,712

 What is all this?
What do you want from me?
The book?
I wrote it, put it out there.
Who gives a shit? You, her, a them?

I got this blankness, this darkness fog
Not knowing how to be alone or with anyone
Even if someone wanted in, which no one has
So this cruel joke of choices

Blended into the ashen face cream
Rubbed raw uncertain of every damn thing
I thought I saw you behind her eyes
Turned out to be nothing, just a gasp swig of nothing

Writing postponed, too much, gluttonous combustion
Hearing stories form old voices, same unsettledness
That left too much dust in the air of the room for me to breathe before
On that expectation to sneeze and clasp the asthma again

That is not the road; praying at strangers
The whole world feels like a train station depot motioning in tickets, agendas
Times of arrival and departure, I feel stunned in soaking in the lines and the muddle
Unsure where to step or speak or enact travel

Everything feels foreign
I prayed to you like a compass and these years demagnetized me
The rules the storyline of absence on my end, not sure what else I can do
What I am willing; what feels like heaven and praying for kindness to sweep across my lips

Like tenderness, a peach orchard in all this kudzu and fire
Toes crackled with fungus and barbed wire
Slicing the impression and the hope that a two way reciprocation exists
That any of this currency in my pocket has a beautiful exchange rate

With love out there; worthy and commensurate, willing and temperate
To give and receive like a star in time intersecting light in my eyes
In the breaking of dawn vagabond junky no more
You found me whoever the hell you are, if you exist at all


I think I am ready, I am ready to fall 

No comments:

Post a Comment