Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nation of Saplings

Having a novel in my head is the closest parallel
My male body may have to pregnancy
I have felt the sympathy weight of my partner bearing
The consequence of my sperm to egg  

The life where there was not such life and return to dormancy
Life exiting and being documenting for the swallowed pride
For the inability of interface, cause and effect dancing
The mind wanders into feckless forests  

The thoughts for this book in my mind
Become vagabonds in such ways
Their limbs and organs are forming in scattered allocation
This body has a pancreas, this forty percent of its epidermis  

Others have scars and nubile flection to perform acrobatic gymnastics
Of character and historical pertinence, the universe is on a trampoline
Bouncing to become either a platform of unforgettable friends
Or cursed vagabonds never to materialize into the clearing of known  

For others to see their faces the way they may have attempted to introduce
Themselves to me and oh how I was so entangled with the job hunting
The pressure drop of the work-away day listening to financial statements and tax returns
Banging on my door for entry and reconciliation  

The novel world is crying for existence from embryo to soul-bound
Fingernails scraping for entry into the spine-paper and digital download
The anchors of being an incomplete man and harboring a nation of ghosts
So that lungs and souls may employ a graveyard of all the children I could have known  

If only I commit the time to write, for there is no exception for putting in the work
The stretching of the imagination to craft a scene, a character out of the grayness
To bleed a green or a blue or any passionate hue of gray other than the precipitation-fog
Love knows such hardships; writers build and demolish our own prisons  

So forgive me if I am distant, you see the fear is in me too
What if I do not complete this journey for my life is not the only one which will drown,
But this nation of saplings that is so ever hungry to see the sun 

No comments:

Post a Comment