Friday, September 20, 2013

An update from the Blog 9/20/13



I have been working on a piece for about a month called Why We Do What We Do: The Ten Internal Commandments and the Humans are not Animals Meme: A Treatise.  The work is intended to dive into the human psyche as an examination of the evolved complex brain of how our species transitioned from eat or be eaten to a version of humanity that is convinced that we are not animals and why this meme is so critical to the evolution of our species as we consider the subjects of death, society, purpose etc. 

The treatise discusses these examples in the backdrop of each of the biblical ten commandments as contextual prisms to exemplify the meme in play.  Ultimately through this illumination, the treatise hopes to show human society through a dichotomy of pro-meme or anti-meme so that human awareness of why we do what we do can progress our mental evolution to discard the current Humans are not Animals Meme for a fresh iteration as we continue to explore the universe staving off extinction. 

The piece is in ten parts and around a hundred pages in length.  It is about eighty percent complete absent an indefinite editing period.  This is the reason I have not posted much.  Out of all the pieces I have written to date this one is resonating with me more than any.  I know it would not be possible for me to obtain the perspicuity of thought to assemble its entwined synergies of interconnection to untangle my ultimate interest in life, the why without the shoulders of others and past time spent writing, reading and asking questions. 

Scientists have pondered the what and the how.  Their endeavors are invaluable and crucial to getting to the why.  My focus has long been the internal.  In knowing my strengths and weaknesses I have found energy in devouring complex corners of the psyche which others would prefer to drift past out of comfort or horror.  To me these ideas, like so many thinkers I stand on the shoulders of to build my humble aphorisms and assertions, are my purpose if I am to be so haughty to claim one.  

So in the next month or so I will begin to post the treatise and invite your commentary.  I know to most of humanity this piece may be seen as an act of assault.  The treatise is confrontational to the tethers of comfort to the rawness of who we are, but it is only through stretching the boundaries of permissible zones can we grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment